To many users, the management of registering a car seems like an activity full of secrets and extremely laborious and complex, which is not the case at all since, knowing the procedures well, it is much simpler than one intuits.
We detail below the steps to follow to register a car , so that a consistent and definitive management is achieved by following this small guide: Know more about corvette ne shitje.
Register your vehicle step by step
1.- Ask the dealer where the vehicle is purchased for all its documentation: This is commonly called a ” Triptych ” (it is a document with three sheets of different colors) and is equivalent to the car’s DNI. It contains your basic data (including CO2 emissions), being useful to be able to calculate the value of the registration tax to be paid in the purchase.
2.- Prepare in detail the model 576: (Special Tax of Transport of the Tax Agency). It is completed by having the “Digital Certificate”. This document calculates what must be paid, representing the registration tax as a percentage that is applied to the net value of the vehicle and goes by sections linked to CO2 emissions (exempt if < 120 g/km, 4.75% between 160 and 200 g/km, 9.75% between 160 and 200 g/km, and 14.75% above 200 g/km).
3.- Pay the Municipal Circulation Tax at the Town Hall : it must be paid at the Town Hall where the vehicle will be registered and where you are registered (even if you do not live there). The amount of this tax is variable depending on each municipality, the tax power of the car and the time of year in which the vehicle is registered (for the payment normally proportional to the time left to end the year). In many municipalities there is an online self-assessment of this tax .
4.- Prepare the official DGT registration application form.
5.- Presentation of all the documentation at the Provincial Traffic Headquarters that corresponds to register the vehicle: with delivery of proof of payment of taxes and by requesting an appointment. When presenting the documents, a fee of €94.80 (in the case of mopeds, the fee is €26.40) is always paid, presenting the following documentation:
- Identification of the interested party (in whose name the vehicle is registered):
- Individuals : official document that proves the identity and address of the holder (DNI, Spanish driving license, residence card, passport plus Foreigner Identification Number).
- Legal persons : tax identification card of the company and proof of the representation and identity of the person signing. (Model available at www.dgt.es)
- Minors or disabled : data and signature of the father, mother or guardian, their ID and document that proves the concept for which they act.
- Documentation of the vehicle: ITV card, with pink sheet and blue sheet with the diligence of sale, failing that, invoice or award certificate if it comes from an auction.
- Proof of payment or exemption from the City Council Circulation Tax where the applicant is domiciled (original or photocopy).
- Proof of payment/exemption/not subject to the Registration Tax (model 576, 06 or 05 of the State Tax Agency)
New vehicles acquired in the EU: justify the payment of VAT (model 309 or 300 of the State Tax Agency) or prove to be included in the census of VAT taxpayers and technical file issued by the ITV.
- Vehicles acquired in third countries : Original documentation of the vehicle and Single Administrative Document (DUA) issued by Customs, unless the vehicle import diligence is recorded on the ITV card.
- In the event that the documentation is presented by a person who is not the purchaser of the vehicle, an authorization signed by him/her will be essential, along with his/her original DNI, stating that the service provided by the person representing him/her is free of charge ( Model of authorization and gratuity of the representation or Model of representation of legal persons).
Once the entire procedure has been completed and culminating with the positive presentation of the documentation, we are given the registration number and the definitive documentation that includes the circulation permit (Definitive or provisional until the final official document).
6.- Process the vehicle insurance: deciding the type of insurance you want (all risks, or with excess, to third parties, etc.), as well as the company to carry out the policy and contract it or manage it if it is a previous policy, etc. . In most insurance companies, the registration or transmission of another policy can be done electronically or by phone quickly and even with only the vehicle’s chassis number even before registration.
7.- Make the vehicle registration plates and mount them: They can be done by a specialist only with the documentation already obtained from the DGT so that they can be stamped and at a cost that varies between €6 and €50 (if they are metallic or methacrylate, etc.).
In the case of an imported car , the definitive documents usually take a little longer, so it is possible to request temporary plates to be able to circulate for a limited time, which are the ” Green Plates “, they come to cost 92 €.80 at the Traffic Headquarters. At the end of the term, you must already have the definitive documentation, and you can always request an extension in the event that it is not yet available.